Absorption occurs in the distal small intestine. Anadroll accumulating anadroll in the liver, bone, skeletal muscle, kidney, adrenal, myocardium adipose tissue. The maximum concentration in the tissues – 4-5 hours. in liver and kidney to the active metabolites. Excretion – mainly in the bile. It penetrates through the placental barrier, excreted in breast milk.
- Prevention and treatment of rickets
- Prevention of vitamin D deficiency in high risk groups (malabsorption, chronic intestinal disease, biliary cirrhosis, post-gastrectomy and / or small intestine).
- hypocalcemic tetany
- Treatment of osteoporosis (of various origins)
- The treatment of osteomalacia (in the background disturbances of mineral metabolism in patients older than 45 years, prolonged immobilization in case of injuries, diet with refusal to accept the milk and milk products)
- Treatment of hypoparathyroidism and pseudohypoparathyreosis.Contraindications:
Hypersensitivity, hypercalcemia, hypercalciuria, sarcoidosis, calcium nefrourolitiaz, thyrotoxicosis (probability hypersensitivity), renal osteodystrophy with hyperphosphatemia, hypervitaminosis D. The
C caution: atherosclerosis; heart failure; renal failure, pulmonary tuberculosis (active form); sarcoidosis or other granulomatosis; hyperphosphatemia; nefrourolitiaz phosphate; organic heart disease; acute and chronic liver and kidney disease, gastrointestinal disease; peptic ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer, pregnancy; lactation; hypothyroidism.Pregnancy and lactation
Chronic overdose (hypercalcemia, transplacental penetration of metabolites of vitamin D 3 in the fetus) arising from chronic administration of vitamin D 3 in doses greater anadroll than recommended, can cause defects in physical and mental development of the fetus.
Since vitamin D 3 and its metabolites penetrate into breast milk, during pregnancy the daily dose of D 3 should not exceed 600 ME.Dosing and Administration
Inside. Drops in yield spoon milk or other liquid.
- Prevention of rickets: full-term healthy children Vigantol assigned from the second month of life and 1 drop (about 500 ME) daily (take five days, then a break for two days) during the first and second year of life, except for the summer months. Premature babies administered 2 drops (approx. 1000 ME of vitamin D 3 ) per day from day 10 of life (take five days, then a break for two days), except for the summer months.
- For the treatment of rickets with 10 days of life administered from 2 to 8 Vigantola drops (ca. 1000 -. 5000 ME vitamin D 3 ) per day. During the first two months of life, as well as the 5 th and 9 th months of life, in the second year – 1-2 courses for the winter-spring period.
- Prevention of risk of diseases associated with deficiency of vitamin D W : Vigantola 1-2 drops (ca. 500 – 1000 Vitamin D ME. 3 ) per day (assuming five days and then two days break).
- Prevention of vitamin D 3 with malabsorption syndrome: 4-8 drops Vigantola (ca. 3000 – 5000 ME of vitamin D. 3 ) per day.
- Treatment of osteomalacia caused by vitamin D deficiency G : 2 to 8 drops Vigantola (ca. 1000 – 5000 ME of vitamin D. 3 ) per day. Treatment should be continued for 1 year.
- Supportive therapy of osteoporosis: Vigantola 2-4 drops (ca. 1000 – 3000 ME vitamin D. 3 ) per day.
- Treatment of hypoparathyroidism and pseudohypoparathyroidism: Depending on the concentration of calcium in plasma Vigantola administered 15-30 drops (ca. 10000 -20000 ME vitamin D. 3 ) per day.If you need a higher dose, it is recommended that the administration of drugs with a higher dosage.The calcium level in blood and urine should be checked for 4-6 weeks, then every anadroll 3-6 months and adjust the dose in accordance with normal blood levels of calcium.Side effects
Hyperphosphatemia, hypercalcemia, hypercalciuria; anorexia, polyuria, constipation, headache, myalgia, arthralgia, hypertension, arrhythmia, renal insufficiency, and allergic reactions.Overdose
Symptoms of vitamin D hypervitaminosis:
early (due to hypercalcemia) – constipation or diarrhea, dryness of the oral mucosa, headache, thirst, pollakiuria, nocturia, polyuria, anorexia, metallic taste, nausea, vomiting, unusual tiredness, weakness, hypercalcemia, hypercalciuria,
later – bone pain, clouding of urine (appearance in urine hyaline cylinders, proteinuria, leukocyturia), increased blood pressure, itching, photosensitivity of the eye, conjunctival hyperemia, arrhythmia, drowsiness, myalgia, nausea, vomiting, pancreatitis, gastralgia , weight loss, rarely -. psychosis (mental changes and mood)
Symptoms of chronic intoxication with the d vitamin (at reception for a few weeks or months to adults in doses of 20-60 thousand IU / day, children -.. 2-4 thousand IU /. d.): calcification of soft tissues, kidneys, lungs, blood vessels, hypertension, renal and chronic heart failure (these effects occur most frequently when joining the giperfosfaiemii hypercalcemia), violation of the growth in children (long-term use at a dose of 1.8 thousand. .. IU / day)
Treatment: removal of the drug, a diet low in calcium, consumption of large quantities of liquid, the appointment of glucocorticosteroids, α-tocopherol, ascorbic acid, retinol, thiamine, in severe cases – intravenous administration of large quantities of sodium chloride 0.9% chloride, furosemide, electrolytes hemodialysis.
no specific antidote.
to exclude overdose recommended in some cases determination of blood calcium concentration (see. “Special instructions”).Interaction with other drugs
The risk of hypercalcaemia increase thiazide diuretics. Effect reduce phenytoin (increased rate of biotransformation), cholestyramine, steroids, calcitonin, and derivatives etidronovoy pamidronic acid, plicamycin, gallium nitrate; Toxicity – vitamin A. The rate of biotransformation increase barbiturates. It increases the toxicity of anadroll cardiac glycosides. Together with the application of sodium fluoride, the interval between doses should be at least 2 hrs .; forms with oral tetracyclines -. at least 3 hours,
long-term therapy on the background of the simultaneous application of an antacid comprising magnesium and aluminum, increases their concentration in the blood and the risk of toxicity (especially in the presence of chronic renal failure). Cholestyramine, colestipol, mineral oil reduces the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins in the digestive tract and need to increase their dosage.
Increases the absorption of phosphorus-containing drugs and the risk of hyperphosphatemia.
The simultaneous use of other analogues of vitamin D increases the risk of hypervitaminosis.